zaterdag 15 februari 2014

Zwanenmeer - Dutch Swan Lake

Below one of the 7 episodes of Swan Lake by V.C. Hoogenveen. It contains a slight adaptation to the original story. Not only Odette and Odile are potential brides for Prince Siegfried, Green Drake Ottilie and Norwegian Olga have proposed themselves as interesting parties for Siegfried.

Siegfried and the magician are having a conversation in the woods.
"You are not a nice guy at all, mister Wizard. You have put Odette under a spell."
"Well, look here, I am a magician, and that is the kind of things magicians do. If I become your father-in-law, I will apply my powers for you as well. And conjure whatever you want."


Siegfried now walks back towards the castle. He considers the dilemmas he is facing. Each lady who wants to marry him has her pros and cons. He gets his knapsack.
"Mother, I am leaving for a journey. I get a bit noxious when I think of next Saturday, my birthday. I need some time to think and to be on my own for a while."


"What do you mean, noxious? Isn't it wonderful, so many options offered to you? Odette is beautiful, and she already has your ring."
"She has been a swan for quite some time. And swans tend to hit you with their wing if you come to close by."
"Olga brings her  special genie of the lamp and is very sweet and possibly very beautiful as soon as you marry her."
"Exactly! Possibly. Maybe she will stay ugly."
"Ottilie has a large empire which will be yours as well."
"Okay, very nice. However, I do not fall for green dragons. And it is dangerous! Fire from her mouth."
"Odile is just as beautiful as Odette and she has a father that could conjure anything for you."
"Mister Wizard is not a kind person. He has conflicts with a lot of people. I am afraid that I will become  part of the feuds as well when I marry Odile. Ugh!"




Siegfried is getting ready to leave. The queen grabs her son by the collar.
"No, you are staying here."
And she places him behind a fence so that he cannot run.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten